Thorn Creek Woods needs your help.
Make a Financial Donation
- The Capital Fund
- Jim Marzuki Memorial Fund
- Friends General Purpose Fund
- Donate to the Thorn Creek Woods Nature Preserve Commission
- Purchase a “Prairie Chapel” fine art art print by Marikay Peter Witlock
- Become a member of the Friends of Thorn Creek Woods
- Purchase Thorn Creek Woods T-Shirts
Friends of Thorn Creek Woods is an Illinois 501(c)3 non-profit organization and the Thorn Creek Woods Nature Preserve Management Commission is a government entity.
Donate Needed Items
Basic Needs List (we always need these)
- Birdseed (mix or black sunflower seed—no corn)
- Suet cakes
- Picture Hanging Strips—Command brand, medium size, need lots!
- Stamps you saved for Audubon
- Address labels (ink jet or laser): 1-inch by 2-5/8-inches
- Cases of bottled water
- Plastic boxes with lids—shoe box size & medium size
- Large plastic boxes about 18-inches by 36-inches
- Hand clippers, loppers, and hoes
Call us at (708) 747-6320, email us, or visit the Nature Center for the current needs list.
Become a Volunteer
- Helpers for Nature Center Open Hours on Friday & Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Closed Saturday. It is vital to have volunteers to greet visitors and to do many housekeeping and office tasks – all to keep the nature center operating.
- Trail Watchers are our eyes & ears on the trails. Use the blue Trail Watchers forms or email nature center with concerns.
- Trail & boardwalk building projects on our Workdays and for groups like the Boy Scouts.
- Volunteers to bake or make soup for our events.
- Assist at programs and help lead nature hikes.
- Help with our fundraising!
Call (708) 747-6320 or email us to volunteer.